Sunday, May 23, 2004

Gemini 7 here Houston, are you reading?

.....means that I've been editing the dialogue from the famous "...got a bogey at 10 O'clock high" message from Gemini 7. The atmos in between the actual dialogue makes for perfect S.E.T.I. material and the words themselves are said in such a rhythmic way that I can use them as the basis/backbone for the start of the Berlin gig as I did in Brussels in 2000 (the gig where Fennesz borrowed my mixer - he's got the looks and the charisma but they won't even buy him his own mixer, poor guy).

Instructions for space-based drum sounds - edit the dialogue ie. cut it into small chunks. Put it into the NNXT sampler in Reason and trigger it live from a midi keyboard.

Patch up a phaser that is fed from a stereo delay and you can have dub-style space noise panning all over the venue :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home