Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Metasynth 4

Well, we've been waiting for years for this to arrive (perhaps too impatiently), and now it is upon us. It was more than worth the wait and blows everything else out of the water as far as I'm concerned. The biggest leap for me is that we can now preview sounds in stereo in realtime and adjust things like displacement maps and hear the resuls as we're tweaking. MS4 also includes a sequencer (formerly Xx, I believe), so this will now become my weapon of choice for live use. The program is so deep, that it'll take months to explore every avenue and this may be the inspiration I've been waiting for for so long. I shall definitely be putting this to use for the forthcoming s.e.t.i. surround project....well done U&I Software :-)

If you posted a comment, please re-post. Admin mistake killed the comments!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home